Thursday, October 06, 2005

WHAT'S NEXT?


WHAT’S NEXT?


http://reuters.myway.com/article/20051004/2005-10-04T185015Z_01_DIT460356_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-BUSH-BIRDFLU-DC.html

If I understand this article correctly, President Bush has asked Congress to approve the use of our military to enforce quarantines in America in case of a bird flu epidemic. Yet another giant leap in the direction of martial law. I envision a modern day influenza/leper colony established in downtown New Orleans, complete with barbed wire, land mines, and guard towers. Am I the only concerned citizen who finds this absurd premeditated aggression to be measured insanity? I watched in horror as our government ignored starving, helpless, dying victims of Hurricane Katrina. Enough is enough. The time has come to take a long hard look at the vision of our leaders. Such barbarism cannot be ignored if our country is to return to the true essence of free democracy, as established by our forefathers. With millions of Americans lacking health insurance, the results of such militaristic action would be genocide of the poor and destitute. Gathered by force and corralled into concentration camps like animals, because they are sick and vulnerable. Such a horrible thought reminds me of Hitler’s perception of social service at the expense of 12 million Holocaust victims. My conscious will not allow me to remain silent in the face of such hawkish encroachment. I must object with vehemence.


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive