Tuesday, October 25, 2005

STEP OUT OF THE BOAT


STEP OUT OF THE BOAT


Next time you have some extra cash in your pocket
It doesn’t take much
Try this
Your life will never be the same
Climb into your car
Lock your door (if you need the feeling of false security)
Remember Child of God
No harm from mortal man
Shall befall your anointed soul
Drive to the rough part of town
Where crack rules
You know the place
Prostitutes with missing teeth and scowling faces
Nervous and desperate from withdrawal tremens
Indigent vagabond winos
Asleep in the gutter
Oblivious to the battlefield
Homeless shelters on every corner
Rarely full
Except on the coldest nights
Young thugs
Sporting gang colors
Tough on the outside
Lonely and scared within
Spot the person who captures your heart
You will know without question
That they are the one
God will guide you
Trust completely
Step out of the boat
Walk on the water in faith towards your new friend
Remember to smile sincerely
Soften your eyes when they make contact
So not to startle them
Have no fear
Christ is there waiting beside them
Watching with pride and encouragement
Speak softly
While handing them the money
Tell them you love them
As Jesus loves them
Then
Be prepared to drop the walls of apprehension
Brace yourself for a dose of reality
Raw and pungent
As you receive the most special hug imaginable
Pure tender loving connection
As innocent children
Simply living in the moment
Soak in this Holy power
Feel the humble gratitude in their weary woeful eyes
Bask in the glow of Gods blessings
Bestowed on you both in fellowship
Gathered together in His name
Say nothing more
No words can improve this situation
Simply walk away
Reflect in silence
The abundant gifts received from our merciful Savior
Absorb the satisfaction
Of making a tremendous impact
In the life of another
Asking nothing in return
Genuine compassion
Flawless
Exhilarating
Divine



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive