Tuesday, November 29, 2005

ME














ME


My bed remains unmade
I just don’t see the logic
Perhaps my silent protest
Against uniformity
I shave my face
Only when my son complains
Not for the vanity of a masculine beard
Simply my dislike for a razor skimming my skin
Sleep
I wish
A few precious hours at a time
My love for ice cream
Well documented
Common knowledge
Manifest
By the size of my behind
I despise most vegetables
Always have
Yet my Doctors tell me I am healthy as a horse
My diverse taste in music
Still rocking at age 46
Deafness in my right ear
Notes are muffled but stimulating
Metallica to Mozart
The Cure to Chopin
Ziggy Marley to ZZ Top
Extreme appreciation for their art runs deep
My love for my children is unconditional
Despite my many failures as a father
I use the same bath towel
Sometimes weeks at a stretch
Mineral water tastes awful to me
New Mexico Fluorite on the other hand
Breathtaking
I am sensitive and complex
Yet simple
And quite stubborn on occasion
I am a child of God
Unique
Called to service
Blessed
Grateful



(C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive