Monday, November 28, 2005

PATIENCE




PATIENCE



Paris Airport
4:00 PM
Mad dash
Through the Charles de Gaulle labyrinth
Such a difficult place to maneuver
As I rush to make my connection
Our plane
Delayed fifty minutes
The natives are restless
I am given a customs form
I do declare
I bring gifts for my family from Germany
Visions of quarantine dance through my mind
I gulp a refreshing apricot juice
No ice of course
What’s up with this room temperature drink thing?
I order spring water
She hands me mineral with gas (carbonation)
Yuck
I share it with a Doctor from Georgia
And order another
S’il vous plait (please)
No gas
No mineral
She eyes me with mischievous mirth
My return flight to Atlanta is packed
Elbow room is scarce
If we all inhale and exhale in unison
Perhaps we will have more breathing room
The arrogant businessman in 31E
“Mr. Bitch E. Whiner”
Complains loudly to the poor Bursar
“I usually get a window seat”
“Never an aisle”
“You must find me another immediately”
“Pardon Monsieur” pleads the flight attendant
“The plane is full”
In selfish rebuttal, Mr. “B” demands
“OK, then you must instruct the gentleman in the seat before me not to recline”
Can you imagine?
Nine long hours of landing posture discomfort!
To appease one selfish man
BROTHER
GET A GRIP!
There are 200 other human beings on this voyage
It’s not about you and your personal comfort
People
Quirky Homo sapiens behavior
Irritating
Yet invigorating
God made us unique for a reason
To teach us patience


“Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves”

Romans 12:10


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive