Wednesday, November 23, 2005

SURFSHOP FRITTBOARDS


SURFSHOP FRITTBOARDS


Ehrenfeld District
Venloer Street 512
Turkish area of town
Refreshing oasis
Nestled in the heart of bustling Cologne
My newest friend
Michael Fritsch
Owner
Surfboard expert
Entrepreneur
Brother
We talk about Florida
Reggae music
His sponsored athletes
Touring the world
Supporting his brand
I stroke his friendly dog
Chocolate Lab
Pets understand loving touch
In all languages
He offers me coffee
An invitation
To an evening gathering of locals
For stimulating conversation
And surf films
I purchase a T-Shirt for my Daughter
“Strandgut”
It basically means flotsam and jetsam
She will certainly be the envy of Gulf Breeze High School
As she connects the continents through fashion
I ponder his economic opportunities
In this programmed community
Very little room for unorthodox goods
The citizens seem to demand basic staples
Food
Cheese
Beer
The X-Games market seems limited
Perhaps in Berlin
Hoch Wasser
(Surfs up)
Thank you kindly for your warm hospitality
And making me feel at home
May God bless you richly and often


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive