Wednesday, November 23, 2005

COMPLACENT DAY



COMPLACENT DAY


Lazy Tuesday afternoon
Dreary day indeed
Outside
Cold and damp
Strange shade of navy grey
Emits from overcast clouds
My belly
Full of delicious schnitzel
Succulent pork cutlet
Fried in milky crusted decadence
The small screen TV
Volume silenced
I can’t understand them anyway
I watch the German version of the Travel Channel
Young Ame’dee’ naps peacefully
I marvel at the local wonders
Not taken for granted
By this wandering poet
Such exotic destinations tickle my trance
Lush wine country
Aside the famous Rhine
Bavaria
Towering snow covered Alps
Historic Berlin
Rustic old world charm
Time passes slowly
I am lost in the seduction
Lavish beauty surrounds me
In so many ways
My thirst for stimulation
Perception of exciting new places
Quenched
In complacent satisfaction


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive