Monday, November 21, 2005

PEOPLE



PEOPLE


Atlanta Airport
8:20 PM
Air France gate E-14
The French dialect
Such a beautiful sultry language
Filled with passion
Metaphoric eloquence
My European adventure begins
Grooving to Sublime
Headphones cranking
Kingston Town riff
Bradley
Sadly
So talented
He finally lost the war
The busy lobby
Mélange of humanity
Albanian
Dutch
Parisian
Deep South
I smile
A lot
Hard to dim God’s glow
Some respond in a grin
Far too many
Quickly look away in a huff
As if I invaded their land
Fighting the urge to share in the happiness
I enjoy the jubilant twin girls
Maybe age two
Such innocent glee in a foreign tongue
Their curiosity
Breaks the ice in any language
I revel in the diversity
People
Talking with their hands
In multi-cultural kinetics
The smiling Gentleman with some very cool socks
Kind warm expression
He knows God
No doubt
Tiny baby boy
Crawling on the dirty carpet
His beefy Dad
Ever vigilant to any immediate danger
Stands guard in proud silence
I know that feeling my brother
Monstrous steel bird awaits our embarking
Somehow
This mass of human extended family
Will fit snugly within her belly
Breathe the same stale air
Emit the same foul flatulence
Experience the same fluctuations in cabin pressure
Travel with the very same anxious anticipation
We are not so different after all
Separated only by individual cultures
Just wonderful human beings
United
As we launch our journey
Into the ebony skies



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive