Monday, November 21, 2005

DISTRESS GERMAN STYLE



DISTRESS GERMAN STYLE


Three days of profuse perspiration
Announce the coming storm
Queasy guts
Destroy the heartiest appetite
Migraine hell
Resounding waves of nausea
Resistant regurgitation
In violent spasmodic heaves
Severe weakness sets in
As this scourge returns in hourly torture sessions
If death was close
In medical terms
Matters not
One longs for it
In the grip of such misery
Hope wanes in dismay
Will I ever feel well again?
My sick mind
Conjures visions of Bird Flu infection
Sweet Gala
Her valiant nursing effort
Tenderness
Loving guidance
Beacon of hope
In this churning sea of blight
Pale gaunt man
Haggard drawn features
Stares blankly from the bathroom mirror
After another round of vomiting
A meager dose of Chamomile Tea
Prepared by nurturing feminine hands
Flat Coke
Universal medicine
In times of stomach distress
Slowly soothes the virulent beast
Raging within my body
So anxious today
As I long for return to the living
And dry land


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive