Friday, November 25, 2005

SAD FAREWELL



SAD FAREWELL


Train ride from Cologne to Düsseldorf Flughafen (airport)
My eternal gratitude to Yudhi
For helping me find the right connection
And carrying my heavy bag
A true Gentleman
Spiritual
Strong
“Jai” my friend
I shall see you again soon
I soak up the beautiful German countryside
Rural farmland
Industrial city smog
Poverty quite evident
Tiny one room shacks with stovepipes
Rows of them dot the landscape
So cramped and meager
Yet neat as a pin
National pride beams from their humble homes
Graffiti is everywhere
No clue what it means
But passionate is its message
I gaze at the magnificent dome
Ancient church of regal beauty
Towering
Breathtaking
Darling young girl beside me
Perhaps age six or seven
Traveling with her Mom
Her curious excitement
Keeps us all entertained
“Vas is das Momma”?
I offer her gum
Mom politely but cautiously refuses
I understand
I practice the same restraint with my son
Bicycle garages
Now that’s an interesting concept
The day is cold and dreary
I have grown accustomed to this shade of murkiness
It starts to rain
Sleet
Mixed with shiny wet droplets
I shall miss this magical place
An the new friends I have made
Ciao
We shall meet again someday


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive