Tuesday, November 22, 2005

COLD COLOGNE RAIN




COLD COLOGNE RAIN


Bone chilling wetness
The steel grey sky
Weeps in November gloominess
Cold
Damp
Mesmerized
I stroll in exploration
My attentions focused on an umbrella
Temporary shelter from the drab drizzle
German version of a dollar store
The young salesclerk
Well tanned
Spiked hair
With mustard color tints
Perhaps in his early twenties
His mischievous prank on this soaked American tourist
Produced a child’s umbrella for my requirements
Bright neon orange
Adorned with the face of a goofy cartoon bear
We both laugh hysterically
A joke well done
I meet a Turkish gentleman
So cordial and debonair
In his ankle length overcoat
Long black ponytail
Eyes of black coal
We walk together in genial fellowship
Suddenly
A speeding car ignores the pedestrian crossing sign
The small sedan screeches to a halt
Precariously close to his stiffened body
His icy stare was most unnerving
As he faced the motorist in silent defiance
If looks could indeed kill
I would have been witness to my first murder
For a brief moment
My mind feared for the life of the driver
But then
As quickly as his explosive temper had flared
His gracious demeanor returned
He smiled at me with extreme satisfaction
His point was made
Without bloodshed
Off he went to his next encounter
He left no doubts this rainy day
That justice was served
Beautiful girls of every color
Tight jeans and knee high boots
Handsome males
Mysterious
Fortified
The cheerful glow of the children
Creed unimportant
Each precious face
Sports the same innocent smile
So many unique stories here
Behind every new disguise
I salute this rich diversity
Unique cultural encounters
So proud to be a part
Of this wonderful deep episode


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive