Friday, November 25, 2005

HALIFAX AT DUSK




HALIFAX AT DUSK



Halifax at dusk
St. Johns in the Captains sights
Thundering home on a sleek steel bird
Alabama bound
Sweet anticipation
To sleep in my own bed
Best cure in the world for jet lag
We wink at Toronto
As the jet cruises along at 6oo MPH
My legs grow restless
Six hours in
Three more to go
The portly gentleman beside me
Claims title to the thin armrest
No worries
It seems important to him
Complete control
The head bobbing Asian man
Filled with curiosity
Down south they call it “nosey”
I prefer “curious”
Exploring his surroundings
Grand Funk Railroad
Provides a pleasant distraction
At 36,000 feet
TNUC
“You ain’t gonna find nobody, to treat you like I do”
Rock on Mark, Don, and Mel
The service is excellent
Bravo Air France
Merci
The airplane john smells horrendous
As weary travelers struggle for regularity
My seat
Adjoins the aft la sale de bains (rear bathroom)
I hold my breath each time the door opens
I wonder if “Hoss” beside me
Notices the foul aroma
I battle with my stubborn seatbelt
Rough skies over Lunenburg
The old man
With a bad case of gas
Passes by me again
My gosh man!
Something has died inside your bowels
Cabbage
Perhaps Limburger cheese
My eyes are watering
Can’t you hold it until you get to the toilet?
Sorry
My patience wears thin
Maybe it’s the altitude
I long to be a local again
My feet on southern soil


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive