Monday, November 07, 2005

TUG OF WAR




TUG OF WAR


Bloody barren battlefield
Scarred from years of conflict
My mortal enemy
Better known as me
I am my own destructive nemesis
Clarity
Solution
Awareness
Slowly clears the emphysematous brume
Ego
Self centered greed
Lust
Stubborn belligerence
Conceited audacity
Lightly dusted with impatience
Perceived ultra intelligence
Potent ingredients
Sautéed idiosyncratic gumbo
Consistent clash
Classic battle between light and darkness
The casualties
Excessive at times
Soul tug of war
Splits my very being
Fractured psyche
Each ripened quadrant
Fighting for dominance
Loving Dad
Cheerful optimist
Humble servant
My preferred bailiwick
Degree of difficulty
To maintain contact with my good side
Depends upon my willingness
It’s funny
The deep dark secrets
I harbored so fiercely over the years
I now share with the world in modest text
Thank you Father
For these lessons learned
And wisdom gained
All praise and glory is yours
My Savior
My best friend

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive