Thursday, November 03, 2005

NORMAL





NORMAL


Lately
This thought occurs to me
I have spent the last 46 years
Passionately seeking “NORMAL”
Does one ever truly understand its meaning?
By what measure do I gauge?
Is it enclosed within a white picket fence?
Possibly
The third shift at the local mill?
Do church goers create the bar?
(Yes, pun intended)
How about our civic leaders
Do they possess the secret?
There must be a hidden code
Two car garage
3.2 Kids
Life in the suburbs
Somehow
I just don’t think so
Very slowly
I learn
Absorbing truth
Like a mushroom
Are you still with me?
NORMAL
Is precisely
Where I am right now
Tomorrow
It shall change
To where I will be then
My goodness
Such relentless pursuit of an adjective
“Conforming with”
“Adhering to”
“Typical”
(Heavy sigh)
Perhaps
I never was
Or
Ever shall be
And that’s just fine with me

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive