Friday, November 25, 2005

EUROPEAN OBSERVATIONS




EUROPEAN OBSERVATIONS


Phone booths
Located at the corner of Rochusstr and Veneloer Streets
I smile
Evident kindness of a stranger
Corn and birdseed
Left lovingly between the shelters
Out of the frigid howling wind
For the cold and hungry pigeons
A beautiful act of God’s compassion to admire
I marvel at the German work ethic
Most enjoy a thirty hour work week
Closing early on Friday
The pace
Quite relaxed and productive
In comparison to my ninety hour slavery shifts in the US
Even the street sweeper smiles
Happy and proud of his daily task
Such warm diversity
Boroughs of subtle cultural distinction
Turkish
Russian
Polish
Italian
Greek
German
Gypsies
Exotic blend of unique humanity
Ingenious entrepreneurs catch my eye
The public toilet mafia
Cologne Town Center
Ultra busy shopping district
The cleaning people
Charge anxious shoppers one euro
For use of the communal restroom
A practice quite illegal
But standard procedure
I ignore the injustice
When natures call is urgent
I search extensively for silver linings
And find them everywhere I wander
Blessings my new friends
I shall always remember your spirits


(C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive