Friday, September 02, 2005

THOUGHTS OF HER


THOUGHTS OF HER


My life with her
A blessing served
She made me complete
Much more than I deserved

The bottle held the upper hand
I slowly lost my way
Sickness overwhelmed me
Nothing I can say

Touch of gray accents her hair
Sexy eyes that take me elsewhere

Delicate face
Cupped in my hands
Lost dreams of romance
Promised Land

Silken skin
Exotic force
Sweet lips dissolve me
Sad remorse

Her hand in mine
Meant to be
Union divine
Extension of me

To wake up each day
With her by my side
Precious and sacred
Before I defied

She haunts me still
I miss her so
Hope that lingers
Unlikely though

New beginnings
Now I see
Just how much
She means to me

More beautiful today
Than ever before
Age has graced her
Spiritual
More





Delicate strength
Passion flows
My better half
As heaven knows

Revive the flame
Or let it be
Acceptance floats
In a turbulent sea

My heart
Hers always
In every way
Precious family
Worthy of praise

To hold her close
Heartbeat as one
I need her presence
My morning sun

Forgive the past
Trust again
Forever grateful
Sober within

My arrogance
Humbled
A child remains
Lessons learned
From lonely pain

Attempted closure
Try as I may
I can’t forget her
Maybe some day

Perhaps too late
Lonely wind blows
I love her still
Fond memories grow

These words I offer
A gift from Him
Devoted to her
Truth begins

Out on a limb
My soul exposed
Humility present
Where pride once arose





Our vows
I honor
For better or worse
Song of Solomon
Living each verse

My wife, my best friend
Night into day
Miracles happen
Please God, find a way



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive