Thursday, September 22, 2005

BACK IN THE DAY



BACK IN THE DAY


Thick mucous film
Lingers gently on my taste buds
Creamy clam chowder
Memory trigger
Instant reflection
In a brilliant flash
My mind reels in time
1978
Distress was obsolete
Dominant high priority
Cash to buy the beer
Carefree days
Drunken nights
Exotic lewd encounters
Girls weren’t gross after all
Driving way too fast
Music filled my soul
Loud as I could stand it
Bad Company
Kansas
Johnny Winter
Grand Funk Railroad
Frisbee underneath my car seat
Grass wasn’t green
And smelled of burning hay
Best friends with Captain Zigzag
Stems and seeds sucked
Chasing the red dragon
Then praying not to catch him
Fist fights
Macho stupidity
Warp speed existence
Amazed that I survived
Life
Back in the day



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive