Friday, September 16, 2005

POVERTY




POVERTY


My heart bleeds
As society shuns the indigent
Ignorant malfeasance
Eyewitness to extreme impecunious existence
Quagmire of deepest poverty
Horrible lack of basic human sustenance
My brother is in need
Gaunt
Hungry
His ragged moldy shoes
Reek of impoverished vagabondage
Feculent body odor
Nausea gags my callow reflex
As I offer my sincere embrace
Compassion
Benchmark in Christ’s advocacy
Give without hesitation
My last dime
My time
My undivided attention
To those who need it more
No fear of financial consequence
Blessings beyond comprehension
I receive in abundance
Genuine charity
Without social restraint
Self sacrifice
In the name of Jesus
Urgent fervent goal
To admonish
Bring glaring light
Illuminate their plight
Homeless multitude
Desperately seeking benevolence
Genial kindness
Brotherhood
Fellowship
One soul at a time



33” But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow, when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.”


Luke 10: 33-35




© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive