Monday, February 20, 2006

WISP OF SMOKE



WISP OF SMOKE



Candles
So fragrant
Luminous
Exotic
Created to burn out
Smoking wick
Telltale signs of deaths wispy trail
Words
Enjoy eternal impact
Simple
Pure
Truthful
Crafted deep within my humble spirit
Born of holy origin
My gift I share with you
From He who gave them life
Please don’t take them as negative
Accept them at face value
As shared in spiritual union
Never meant to be fully understood
Until that special day
When all mysteries shall be revealed
Preparation for some
Somber warning to others
Thanksgiving to all who breathe
So many special people
Close to my pulsing marrow
Sense a veil of darkness
Foreboding
Controlling my recent prose
No
Not the case my friends
Simply changes occurring
Daily metamorphosis
Budding angel’s wings
Another vital step in the growth process
This breathtaking path before me
I follow where it leads
No regrets
Without fear
Satisfied
How fragile are we
Our human concept of time
Blown away one day
By unplanned loss of consciousness
Drooping motor skills
Memory
Vanished with the wind
Life’s rhythm
Precious intricate metabolism
Interrupted
My opened eyes saw black
As my skull erupted in fury
Intravenous blessing
Flowing liquor of peace
Plunged into my arm
Demerol drift
Peaceful sleep at last
They should bottle and sell that stuff
(Relax, just a joke)
I expect no obligations
From thee, respected assembly
Take my logic as you need to
Dissect it to fit your pilgrimage
Heaven
Delightful destination
Within my eager grasp
I grow anxious with each new step
Genuinely excited
Periods of giddiness
Empowered




Psalm 8:2-4 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society


2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise [a] because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?

Footnotes:
Psalm 8:2 Or strength


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive