Sunday, February 05, 2006

APOSTOLIC COMPANION





APOSTOLIC COMPANION


Epic tale of two friends
Began one smothering summer afternoon
Five years ago this August
Holy friendship
Created in the heart of heaven
I, a helpless alcoholic
Bleeding profusely from within
Gaping gash of self destruction
Hope appeared that day
In human form of my neighbor
An angel I suppose
She surrounds me still
With her brilliant healing glow
Standing in line at Publix
Time stands still
Our visit becomes surreal
We pass on hectic streets
I feel her with me always
Nurturing
Supportive
Exhorting me onward
Her resonant words “I love you”
Leave no doubts that she really means it
In the rapture of her humble embrace
She fills my holes with Godly energy
Shared by Jesus Christ
Thank you my dear Lennita
May praises honor thee
Consistent inspiration to me and mine
Your tender hand of apostolic Christian companionship
I shall never let go



Proverbs 18:23-25 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)


Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society


23 A poor man pleads for mercy, but a rich man answers harshly.
24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive