Saturday, February 04, 2006

BILLY RAY






BILLY RAY








Cold blustery February day
Frigid wind
Whistles through the flue
My mind adrift to 1980
As I sip a steaming cup of cappuccino
Bent on pondering the word “cool”
It’s variant meaning back in the day
Discretion regarding the presence of cannabis
Getting high and drinking beer
My inner circle of friends
They called me “Billy Ray”
“Hey man, are you holding”?
Life back then was just as complicated
I, too young to really care
Cocky and defiant
Fearing nothing but my warped ego
Hormonal hopped up hat trick
In a congenial sort of way
Encased by flesh and bone
Quite amazed I am alive this day
The trip was rife with recklessness
To focus on my past
Not an option now
Merely ardent memories
My soul
Transformed anew
I share the adventure as instructed
By He who made me whole




© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive