Tuesday, February 14, 2006

ICE PICK WITH PROPELLERS



ICE PICK WITH PROPELLERS



For those of you who lack familiarity
Count your blessings in Thanksgiving
I speak of chronic head pain
Unmerciful daily torture
Rabid inflamed demon
He lurks at the base of my skull
Boring ever inward
Then upward advancement with a vengeance
An ice pick with propellers
Throbbing acicular misery
Three day assault on my brain stem
My eyes
Crossed in refraction
Right ear throbbing
Inflamed Eustachian tube
Sings an off-key chant
Along with the demonic beat
Menieres inexorable curse
Migraine fueled vertigo
Now I sympathize
With Van Gogh’s missing ear
Retching queasy belly
Desperate
To ride the waves of nausea
MRI with contrast
I pray
Relief arrives soon
Fioricet 2355
Feebly chips off the crust
Of this hulking hellion
Another day of cranial agony
Welcome to my world
The show must go on


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive