Thursday, December 08, 2005

PHONE CALL TO A FRIEND





PHONE CALL TO A FRIEND


I called my dear friend Cheryl
Long overdue
So invigorating
Like a warm bath towel fresh from the drier
On a cold wet December night
We talked for hours I suppose
Neither kept time
Simply focused in our joyful visit
We spoke of anger
Silly misunderstandings
Contemplation
Happiness
Hope
Love
We laughed from the depths of our souls
Wonderful medicine for loneliness
Reminiscing of special days gone by
Confessing our impatience
Personal weaknesses
With no fear of judgmental reprisal
We ponder human nature
Quirky
Yet quite endearing
We celebrate our sobriety
Together
We triumph over hellish addiction
Confidently sharing our deepest secrets
In complete trust and safety
Always have
It was her I called to come clean
About my relapse years ago
Ashamed
Scared
Lost
Such a beautiful oasis from the daily storms of life
Our opinions differ at times
God has taught us to accept
Not condemn
Expanding our knowledge through each others eyes
I honor you my friend
Thank you for walking with me
My God continue to bless you richly



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive