Saturday, December 17, 2005

FATE




FATE


Never fully planned
Always altered from expectations
Seldom seen coming
Usually controversial
Rife with trivial human discontent
This day
I see my destiny through His eyes
There were many hapless moments
Light years ago
Irrational peaks and valleys
Rarely mundane
When I ruled my twisted kingdom
Bizarre Emperor of chaos
Somehow
My life was spared from pitiful self destruction
To share the numerous wrong turns
Greedy selfish choices
That achieved so little
Yet harmed so many
Gracious is my tone
Complex celebration
Imperfect paragon
Can you feel the irony?
Detect my arid humor?
Through shocking words of absolution
Me
Homely work of art
Hard boiled
Smash mouth realism
Toe stepping Bohemian
Sheep feeding poet
Saved by Jesus Christ
Despite so many defects
My fate
To share my road with you
In glaring authenticity
Living proof of grace and mercy
Such joy to be alive!
Thank you for your time
Your sympathetic ear
Cautious consternation
HOPE truly exists
Dig it

“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease”


Job 14:7



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive