Sunday, December 18, 2005

INTEGRITY


INTEGRITY





William Wright Grimes III
My youngest son
I call him “Wilbur”
His great grandfather’s proper name
The very reason he insisted everyone call him “Buck” in his day
Lazy Sunday morning
Cold outside
Cozy fire crackles in the hearth
Absorbed in animation
His bare toes
Child’s size 13.5
Curled
Clinched in ferocious grip
As your hand would grab a tree branch in desperation
To break a lofty fall
This signals increased intensity
His young battle rages on
In his hand held video game
His posture suddenly relaxes
When triumph arrives
Innocent fascination
He in his play
I in him
Seven years of joy
The journey has only just begun
I am overwhelmed with pride
As I witness his maturing integrity
He changed the TV channel on his own prompting
Last night as “Adult Swim” began
While I was in the shower
His budding curiosity
Enthusiasm to learn forbidden secrets
That his older brother is privy to
Overcome
Conquered
By the “right thing to do”
I pray my extra long hug
And beaming praise of his actions
Reinforced his landmark decision
Thank you Father
My children
Blessings indeed


(Adult Swim © Cartoon Network 2004)


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive