Thursday, December 15, 2005

GIVE






GIVE



Cold wind rifles through my jacket
Tree limbs rapidly growing bare
Naked exposure
As my skull losing hair
I pray for those without
Suffering through this artic blast
Shivering
Unprotected
Hungry
Mother Nature kills quickly
Without adequate shelter
Remember the homeless
As we scurry about in the holiday chaos
Christmas is about love
Caring for others
Celebration of our Saviors birth
I am quite confident
Were He walking among us in the flesh today
You would find Him huddled around a trash barrel campfire
Underneath a bridge
Sharing His blanket
Healing the sick
Gently touching the lives of desperate souls
In genuine compassion
It takes so little to make a difference
A smile
Some kind words
A warm meal
Small change found in your car seat
Believe this my friends
The “High” is unmatched
Blessings bathe those who focus on giving
Instead of receiving
Slow down
Just for a moment
The stores will still be open
Greedily hawking their wares
Look around you through the eyes of Christ
Poverty
Destitution
Starving human beings
Serious needs surround us
Give
Whatever you can
Just give
In the wise words of John Prine
“Say hello in there”


“For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thy hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land”


Deuteronomy 15:11


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive