Friday, January 13, 2006

TRUE MEASURE



TRUE MEASURE


This day I am reminded
In the throes of debilitating illness
Agitated state of weaknesses
Meek
Humbled
The violent stomach flu
Can death possibly be more painful?
In the crashing pitch of disgorgement
Swells of miserable retching
Roiling regurgitation of viral septicity
Dreaded dry heaves
In these very moments
When I am most vulnerable
Or as I PERCEIVE myself to be
Valuable lessons penetrate me
In the solitude of oneness with my maker
Intimate conversation
Powerful nuggets of wisdom
Come hailing down upon my weary head
Soothing glimmers of hope
The shore comes into view
His Counselor has my undivided attention
Thoughts of Peter’s courage
Turned to sudden fear
“Lord, save me!”
I hear myself repeating
Why do I doubt?
Human reasoning cannot explain
The simple case in point
My eyes must remain focused
Firmly on Jesus Christ
Despite earthly setbacks
Irregardless of tribulation
This is the true measure of a Disciple



John 14:26 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said




Matthew 14:29-31 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive