Wednesday, January 04, 2006

TROPHY WIFE



TROPHY WIFE


It seems I stand corrected
My life has been a sham
Valiant struggle for “stuff”
Meaningless possessions
Trinket recognition from my fellow blind mice
Fueled by mass quantities of vodka
The "perfect" job
Corporate specimen on the fast track
With 90 hour workweek stamina
Employee of the century
Five bedroom house in the suburbs
Luxurious trappings
Brand new shiny car
Precious children that loved me dearly
Trophy wife
Clinging to my arm
So beautiful and delicate
Yeah man
I was ALL THAT with her by my side
Epitome of success
Father of the year honors
"Perfect" husband
Envy of all things male
On top of a hollow world
And slowly dying inside
It took a mighty crash
Disintegration of each and every dream
Resulting in complete helpless rubble
Humiliated
Unglued
Shattered
Shell of a man without a soul
Struck down by my own arrogant lust
Praise to God the Father
This day I am born again
With the grace of Jesus Christ
His gentle guiding hand
I started all over again from scratch
Mended one day at a time
With powerful lessons of deliverance
Redeemed in His likeness
Showered in rays of peaceful happiness
Blessed with a gift of rejoicing prose
Assigned a task to share my amazing trip
For all the world to see


1 Peter 1:22-24 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

22Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive