Sunday, January 22, 2006

MOONSTRUCK


MOONSTRUCK



Subtle realizations
Creep within my aging brain
My moonstruck past
Weakened by my perceived need for “her”
Fragile poet’s heart
Effortlessly trampled
Shattered with ease
By passions sensitive disease
Trust comes so easy
Discernment
Much more difficult achievement
Special people
Live within my head
Impulsive words I have said
Dark at times
As the depths of the sea
Expose my inner longing
A romantic place to be
Spirit shakedown
Kindred soul I seek
Her nurturing caress
Delicate
Milky smooth
Soft hands cupping my cheeks
Special times of day
Dawn
Entwined in lovers sway
Pursuance forges on
Slowly
My human fallibility recedes
Darting pains of loneliness
Absorbed by God’s objectives
Bachelorhood
Perhaps a fortiori
So it shall be



Proverbs 6:24-26 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain


24To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
26For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.


NOTE: THE WORD “HER” DOES NOT REFER TO A PARTICULAR WOMAN. IT COVERS A BROAD STROKE OF LUSTFUL EXPERIENCES IN MY PAST.

© Bill Grimes Jr.

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive