Monday, January 30, 2006

STATE OF OUR UNION


STATE OF OUR UNION


Seek not
Approval of earthly systems
Churches
Bureaucracies
Society
All
Controlled by mortal man
The word of God is clear
Through Christ we shall find our way
Blessed gift of guidance from His Interpreter
He speaks to us in many ways
Sometimes subtle
Through a dream
A persistent thought
Deftly woven into the actions of another
Sadly I relay
Our modern civilization
Revolves around vanity
Like cattle
We follow the latest fad
Swallow the new miracle cure
Doped populace
Much easier to manipulate
Pharmaceutical cash cow of numbing placebos
Advised by Dr. “Do you have insurance”?
Did I just say that?
Our leaders
We depend upon so blindly
To defend us from all things un-American
Reaping millions from the industries
That keeps us in the dark
The time is now to listen
Observe with keen rationalization
The immorality
Hopelessness
Degradation of our ethical values
You hear His voice within
At night as you try to sleep
Frustrated from immunity to the sedatives
When quiet invades your chaos
He stands at the door and knocks
What more proof is needed to convince you?
He is the answer to all those nagging questions
That churn within your gut



Colossians 3:4-6 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain


4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive