Saturday, January 28, 2006

GODLY VISION


GODLY VISION




I can offer no rational explanation
For this tale I share with you
A dream of Christ’s return
One sunny winter’s day
Quite awestruck by stunning realism
Glorious profundity
It all began in a dentist chair
A close second in my world
To my dread of dry heaves
No offense intended
My dear Dr. Wall
A villainous stranger hovered over me
Forcing strange objects into my mouth and nose
Without warning
Commotion erupted in the streets
Panic stricken populace
Terrified by a gigantic foreign planet
Burnt orange
Crater pocked
Looming menace in the abruptly blackened sky
I leapt from the reclining torture rack
Bolting through the door
Once outside
Terror filled hysteria
Throngs of humanity
Desperately seeking answers to this apparition
I began to explain the book of Daniel
Sealed prophecies of coming mysteries
The moon appeared in the distance
Blood red orb
Casting an ominous scarlet glow
I followed a spastic mob
Into a peculiar church
Odd ritual in progress
Robed and bearded priests barked instructions
My instincts screamed of blasphemy
As I realized the vile nature of their deception
In haste, I escaped this evil trap
After crossing a massive sand dune
Approaching a shoreline
I found myself in a row boat
An angel then appeared
In the form of a beautiful brunette maiden
“Stroke with all your might towards the light” said she
“Never looking back”
“Ignore the orcas that surround you”
As my skiff sliced through the treacherous ebony deep
The beacon grew more brilliant
Suddenly
I heard the voice of Jesus
“FEAR NOT MY PRECIOUS CHILD”
“FOR I AM WITH YOU”
“COME TO ME”
“MY KINGDOM YOU WILL SHARE”
Indescribable peace
Filled my eager soul
I shouted encouragement to those around me
Many were struggling
As they sank beneath the briny waves
Have faith
Be strong said I
Your hope is drawing nigh
I heard thousands pleading for mercy
Tears flowing down their contorted cheeks
Plucked from the gloomy death
As their prayers of lamentation were answered
Millions shouted obscenities
Defiant as they met their doom
I soon arrived at a house of refuge
Resembling a hotel of mammoth stature
My plush room had a balcony
Where I witnessed the unfolding miracles
In comfort of blessed assurance
Ancient scriptures came to pass
Before my astonished eyes
A ringing phone interrupted the sacred stillness
Satan on the line
His rasping voice
Akin to a telemarketer
Hawking sales pitch
Bidding me to dial into his web
As I slammed down the receiver
Instructing him to get behind me
My son then awakened me
From this impressive vision
My cherished reader
Absorb my saga with however many grains of salt you wish
I firmly believe this trance
To be a sign from God Almighty
Harbinger of close proximity
To our King’s return
Arouse heed within you
Act accordingly
Dismiss me or respond
Salvation is a personal choice.



Job 4:12-14 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society



12 "A word was secretly brought to me, my ears caught a whisper of it.
13 Amid disquieting dreams in the night, when deep sleep falls on men,
14 fear and trembling seized me and made all my bones shake.


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive