Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Brian's Cross


BRIAN’S CROSS


Tiny boy
Pride and joy
Deathly ill
Unexplained
Tragic
His small heart
Damaged beyond repair
Comatose
Deathbed vigil
Suddenly
Gods healing breath
The child awakens
“I talked to God”
“He said I will be fine”
“I have this cross on my cheek”
Miraculous holy mark
Where once there was none
Vibrant
Alive
With pride
He wears it still
Twenty two years on our Lords sacred mission
Brain’s cross
Healing touch of the Father
For all the world to see



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005


BRIAN’S CROSS

God works through people. Many times I hear exactly what my soul needs to hear through the comments and experiences of another. I met Lisa at my Doctors office one day and was blessed to hear this miraculous story of Divine Intervention regarding her son. His name is Brian and today he is a vibrant and healthy 22 year old young man. He is an Eagle Scout and has achieved the coveted Vigil Order of the Arrow award. He is a dedicated community servant and gives both his time and his efforts to help others.

When he was 2 years old, Brian was diagnosed with Kawasaki Syndrome. I have included a brief description of this rare disease I gathered from “Kids Health for Parents” website. They can be found at the following internet address:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/heart/kawasaki.html

Kawasaki Disease is an illness that involves the skin, mouth, and lymph nodes, and typically affects children who are under the age of 5. The cause of Kawasaki Disease is unknown, but if the symptoms are recognized early, kids with the disease can fully recover within a few days. If it goes untreated, it can lead to serious complications that can involve the heart.
Kawasaki disease occurs in 19 out of every 100,000 kids in the United States. It is most common among children of Japanese and Korean descent, but the illness can affect all ethnic groups.

By age 5, young Brian was deathly sick with related heart aneurysms and was not expected to live much longer. The family priest was called in to administer last rites and the outlook was grim. As his family gathered and prayed at his bedside, a glorious miracle happened. Early one morning, Brian awoke from a fever induced coma and told his Mom “I talked to God and He said I would be fine because I have this cross on my face”. As Lisa looked closely at her son, she noticed a mysterious cross on his right cheek that had never been there before. At that time, Brian had no concept of God since his family had very little involvement in a church. This sudden revelation and heavenly sign was quite a shock coming from such a sick little boy.

True to his transcendent words of comfort and hope, gradually Brian recovered from his illness and has been fine since that time. The cross on his right cheek is still noticeable today, a sign of God’s awesome healing power and grace for all to see. Miracles happen every day throughout our experiences. I am grateful to Lisa for sharing this amazing and very true story. I give thanks and praise to Christ our Savior for His abundant blessings.


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive