Thursday, June 15, 2006

SPLINTER


SPLINTER



Angelic child
Perhaps age three
Breathtaking
Stunning natural curls
Long flowing locks
God’s finest creation
Such a gorgeous baby girl
Her uncanny resemblance
To a waiflike Sophia Loren
Sobbing drastically was she
Wailing at the top of her lungs
A nasty predicament indeed
Her tiny delicate finger
A splinter caused her grief
Unwelcome projectile
Lodged in her precious digit
Hardly my place to play Mommy
Dad is a hard enough gig
Instinctively
Feeling quite out of place
I reached for her
Cradled her distressed perfection
In my unworthy lap of loving embrace
Seeking only to solace her pain
I comforted her
As I plucked out the intrusive shard
Cooing softly
Like I did with my daughter Sarah
Soon the squalling ceased
Heaven blessed our magical bond
Trust was established in that moment
Between two anointed children
She nuzzled her cherub face
In the nape of my doting embrace
My heart exploded with adoration
As she cautiously shared her injured limb
She smelled like divine honeysuckle
As I gently kissed her wound
A brilliant smile soon returned
To this beautiful blessed darling
I believe her name is Madison
Her Mom gazed upon us approvingly
Subliminal appreciation
As they walked away in bliss
An instant I shall never forget
Man how I miss monogamy



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive