Saturday, June 17, 2006

SACRED SUSTENANCE










SACRED SUSTENANCE


Prepare translucent children
Greet the rising sun of promise
Peeking playfully
From behind baronial skyscrapers
Take a giant leap from fantasy
Fools paradise
Welcome to the illusion of freedom
One can be homeless
In the lap of a million dollar home
This warped wicked world in which we dance
Insane insomnia
Predatory by nature
Indentured servitude
Survival of the groping blind
Forced are we
To hum along with the madness
Human basic needs
Must be maintained to a certain degree
The privileged
Far outnumbered by the bankrupt majority
Emancipation
Redemption
Thunders expeditiously
Draft of Angels wings
Our salvation draws nigh
Sauté it all down to simple béchamel:

FAITH
Belief in the unseen
God
Creator of heaven and earth
Requires much higher degrees of consciousness
Courage
Narrow path of persecution
So difficult to follow
In the blatant blitzkrieg of ignorance


“19 But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.”
“20 They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.”
Psalm 38: 19-20 (King James Version)


HOPE
Promise of eternal salvation
Peace
Serenity
We are never alone
Safe in the loving embrace of Christ
Key ingredient in this real world soup du jour


LOVE
“File”
Finishing touch of metamorphosis
Powerful anesthetic for the sting of misery
Binding gift
Borne on a bloody cross
Inherited gift of ultimate sacrifice
Fear not
Stand firm in the face of impiety
Behold
We feast on sacred sustenance


“31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added to you”
“32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom”
“33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth”

Luke 12:31-33 (King James Version)


Béchamel
N: milk thickened with a butter and flour roux [syn: white sauce, béchamel sauce]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University


File (FEE-lay) powder is used as a seasoning and thickener in some gumbos. It is made from dried leaves of sassafras trees, and is available at larger supermarkets or specialty stores.
http://www.chefrick.com/html/gumbo.html


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive