Saturday, June 17, 2006

AND THEN THERE ARE THE DREAMS



Sunday, February 19, 2006


AND THEN THERE ARE THE DREAMS



My brain
Forty six years of pounding
Millions of dead cells
Drowned in cheap vodka
Suddenly altered
Strange change has besieged me
Still solid
Most quizzical
Swirling thoughts of pondered profundity
Somehow disconnected
From my brainstem to my fingers
Thoughts flowing in my mind
Appear in poetic gibberish
Blathering WORD document
SPELL-CHECK working overtime
And then there are the dreams
Wondrous
Amazing
Filled with symbolism
Haunted by dead relatives and friends
In stillness I wait
The significance of their meanings
Neurons misfiring
Electrical current interrupted
Gray matter grown limp
Whichever school you donate to
Something has gone terribly askew in my cerebellum
Trail of agonizing migraines
Lead the bloodhounds forward
Eternal state of unsteadiness
Vertiginous runaway train
Drunken gait of lightheadedness
Menieres blasted curse
Ever present
Five years of roommate status
Nausea moved in a year ago
Futile attempts to relay
Specific loss of control
Bombard it with pills
An occasional injection
Learn to live with it
Thus enters the perplexing deduction
Is this truly LIVING?
Not designed as a complaint
Merely a journal entry
Another adventure in the life of this wayward disciple
Dig this if you can
Dismiss it if you must
Feel me
It’s your human connection I desire the most
As we tumble through the void
May His peace be with you always


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive