Sunday, June 04, 2006

BROKEN MAN (DEDICATED TO THE MAN I ONCE WAS)














BROKEN MAN


Hollow eyes of age
Bloodshot trail of second chances
Window to his flagging soul
Ashen evanescence
Forsaken dreams
Etched in quagmire fissures
His ghastly ancient face
No longer recognizable
To those who deem him dearly
Days of glory past
Mystic morose irony
Once so proud and vibrant
This day
Cowering
Chapfallen
Fractured
Reduced to a fragile shard
Caustic trail of tears
Moist with acrid agony
He longs for noble death
A warrior’s funeral pyre
Inanimately suspended
In acrimonious purgatory
Hells inferno
Stoked by mental illness
Shattered egos terminal diagnosis
Have mercy on this knurled rolling stone
Seeking peace
In all the wrong places


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive