Sunday, December 05, 2004

Forbidden fruit (For my Brothers and Sisters in Recovery)

FORBIDDEN FRUIT


Enigmatic, Sensual, Breathtaking, Forbidden
The siren calls, she beckons me in the night
She tempts me with her beauty and her charm
Her pleasure is fleeting, her fruit is deadly
Her allure is poison to my soul

She is a great deceiver, the venomous harlot, stalking her prey
Her journey leads to darkness, her promise, a dead end
Her misery is eternal, sulfuric, acrid, putrid and vile
She reeks of rotting souls

She waits just outside my realm of consciousness
Waiting, laying her trap, patient and cunning
Seeking my innocence, to seize it forever
Will I ignore her tempting call

The choice is mine each day
To live in the light or sleep with her in the dark abyss
I pray for strength to resist her wretched satin touch, her death kiss

Eyes focused on Heaven
Ignore her seduction
I choose life







Bill Grimes Jr.
8-2-04
(c) 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive