Sunday, September 17, 2006

STAINS






STAINS



The stains we leave behind
Remain forever tarnished
Selfish acts of anger
Impersonal interaction
Unkind words
Insensitive deeds
Blind social pantomime
Horrid mob persecution
Emotional abuse
So often worse than physical assault
Callous hearts within us
Hardened by years of narcissism
Swollen egos
Maim and kill with silent precision
Strange how being miserable
Seems to be our favorite gig
Somehow we fail to notice
Perhaps disregard
The beauty of simplicity
Joyful angels who surround our gloomy malice
Brilliant beacons
Bursting through the blackness
I stand before you guilty
Of all these human frailties
Pompous prior arrogance
Once an evil man
No remorse can undo these past sinful ways
Erase extensive scars
Souls of stone
Can only be softened by grace
Precious free gift of redemption
Righteous transformation
To truly live the example
Gentle guidance from our Savior Jesus Christ
A daily challenge indeed
But priceless and eternal
Forgiven am I by He
And hopefully by those whom I have harmed along the way


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive