Monday, September 18, 2006

INFIDELITY





INFIDELITY



Murky residue
Lingers in last night’s cocktail glass
The only clue to the crime
Their bedside alarm clock screams
Startles him from blackouts deep coma
No inkling to her cold silence
Shivering fetal fear
Noticeable lack of eye contact
Another vodka laced nightmare
His antiseptic breath
Repulsive
Volatile
Still reeks from copious saturation
Roses will not do this time
Far too late for “I’m sorry”
No more lame excuses
Can heal the bitter scars
Her patience waned years ago
Now
Simply wanting out
His infidelity with a bottle
Adultery just as destructive
Life with an alcoholic
Marriage once so beautiful
Destroyed by hells possession



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive