Tuesday, September 12, 2006

CHOP SHOP THEOLOGY





CHOP SHOP THEOLOGY



Chop shop theology
So appalled am I
By the rise of modern corporate denominations
Mega church mentality
Choreographed Sunday extravaganzas
Cappuccino bars
Valet parking
Dead faith without grateful exuberance
Robotic performance from social pressures
Real estate holdings
Rival those of third world countries
Pressured emphasis on fat “gift” coffers
Such hype defeats the very message
Of our Saviors simple lessons
My bible is quite specific
Clearly marked path of discipleship
To walk as Christ in word and deed
No worries about His sparse earthly possessions
Zero heed paid to financial prosperity
He moved among the prostitutes
Lame and sickly indigents
Compassionate hope He offered
To those who dwelled in the shadows
Somehow we’ve lost sight of sincere servitude
Humble Samaritan actions
Sharing our time with those in need
Buying a meal for a homeless family
Visiting our local nursing homes
Seeking solutions
Instead of pointing fingers of blame
Poverty and despair surrounds us
Simply open our hearts and minds
My beef is not with organized religion
Instead the blatant man made greed
Which infiltrates the holy body of true believers
Preying upon desperate misled souls
Only we can reverse this trend
We must to gather the lost


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive