Sunday, July 23, 2006

CANYONS OF TIME










CANYONS OF TIME



My brittle wings
Melted long ago
Flying way too close to the sun
Curiosity
Killed so many brain cells
Wild bending river
Snaking through canyons of time
Take me away from here
A stranger in this poison land
I simply long for home
No longer a surveyor
Reduced to lonely spectator
Museums house my hopes and dreams
Dusty
Caked with ancient ashes
Sealed manuscript
Capsule for future discovery
Poetic legacy
Gift from me to you
Smile from time to time
As you reflect upon my enigma
The candle flickers
Lethargically
Cold air grows thin and stale
Reluctantly
I wave goodbye
Someday we’ll meet again
See you on the other side



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive