Monday, August 15, 2005

SMALL REMINDERS


SMALL REMINDERS

I find them everywhere
Joyful discoveries
I search for them daily
Small reminders
Hand prints on the glass door
Yellow splatters dot the toilet rim
Crumbs scattered in the carpet around his chair
The masterpiece
An artistic gift from my son
Permanently etched in black marker on my desk
Smudges on my computer screen
Evidence of his curiosity
My guitar
Suddenly out of tune
Cost of a ticket to his beautiful concert
The hard brown pic
His tool of choice
Red juice stains in my car
Showcase a ferocious battle with the seatbelt
I feel him in his absence
God’s coping mechanism
To help ease the pain of divorce
His vibrant presence
Seven years of blessings
Rewards of fatherhood
Keep me focused on my purpose

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive