Monday, August 15, 2005

HOMELESS


HOMELESS 8-2-05 On the road….

Virginia highway
2:00 AM
Fog cloaks moonlit shadows
Like nuclear winter
Brave deer
Oblivious to the speeding steel death
Feed serenely on the shoulder
Neon pierces the gloom
GAS, FOOD, LODGING
Refuge from the monotony
But not my home
Tweaking truckers
Caffeine and speed
Chemicals flowing
No sleep for days
Racking up the miles
I let them pass
Michael Franks
Magical voice
Fills my ears with beautiful hypnotic melodies
I dream of romance on exotic beaches
Visions of my son in my arms
Not too old for his “monkey hug” embrace
The very reason for my quest
Cry no more my child
I will never leave you again
Homeless for now
Empty
Weary
Aching bones scream from over exertion
A new chapter begins
Intimate talk with God
His blessed reassurance
Soothing to my soul
Time marches on
Promise of opportunity
Destiny awaits
Holy Spirit
Source of living water
Flowing words
Quench my thirst for significance
Legacy of prose
Devoted to sober salvation
Thank you Father
You have blessed me richly
Serve You I shall
Faithfully

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive