Monday, August 15, 2005

MADISON COUNTY SUNSET


MADISON COUNTY SUNSET

Madison County sunset
Brutal heat diminishing
95 degree cold front
Pool deck at 6:00PM
Solar baked griddle
My son
Frolics with two older boys
Minnesota vacationers
Geography has no bearing
As the children play
“How’s that for a handstand”
I beam with fatherly pride
Phillip
Kind young gentleman
Tribute to his parents
“You may want to cover your eyes kid”
Preceded his perfect cannonball
“How can you wear jeans in this heat” he asks me
Amusing cultural nuance
Curiosity and satisfaction
Will grins as he masters the gigantic umbrella
Inverted canvas bloom
Pesky gnats swarm jubilant sweaty faces
Tangerine fireball in the western sky
Ignites periwinkle hues
As it slips quietly below the pines
Gentle humid breeze
Stirs sultry dead air
Birds lullaby as they settle in for the evening
Brilliant yellow daffodils
Enhance lush green shrubbery
Like neon crayons
Vintage box of 96
Hungry insects
Begin their nocturnal serenade
Natures sleeping pill
Hampton Inn
Our favorite
Oasis at dusk
Manicured excellence
Next best thing to home
Genuine hospitality
Southern style
Smiling staff
Friends
Welcome to my family
“Dad, can I have more cookies” :-)

© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive