Monday, August 15, 2005

NOELLE


NOELLE

Sweet flower that trusted so few
My gratitude
For letting me enter your world
Brilliant flame
Extinguished so soon
Razor sharp intellect
Cherished moments of clarity
Abundant wit
Your gentle nature flowed when you were sober
Behind your haunted smile
Beautiful memories of our long talks on my balcony
Our children, God, addiction
Forever etched in my mind
Merciless disease
So very sick
Horrible
Destructive
Fatal
Screaming banshee of drunken rage
Possessed your delicate soul
Erupting from the dark abyss
Alcoholic demon
Tortured you until the bitter end
We had such hope
Still I grieve
Since you lost your grip
Midnight calls from the county jail
Never asking for money
Just stationary, pencils, and stamps
Our tears flowed in unison
Seedy motels and crack pipes
Your hellish nightmare
Kept me clean
Dry heaves and DT’s
So afraid you would die in my arms
As you ignored the Doctors advice
Helpless
Frustrated
I watched this illness slowly destroy you
Tragic wasted promise
Loved by so many
Yet alone
Spaghetti sauce with carrots
Your favorite
When stomach ulcers allowed you to eat
Magic times when you let your guard down
May you rest in peace my friend
The brutal pain is behind you now
I miss you terribly
© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive