Tuesday, December 26, 2006

SNAKE OIL






SNAKE OIL


Pragmatism
Inherent magnetism
Propensity parade
Flag of chauvinism billows
Bleeding pallid colors
It only takes one moment
Imposing fall from grace
Satanic sacrilege
Lethal wounded pride
Delusional catharsis
He drowns in holy water
Snake oil seals the deal
Angels cry for innocence lost
Social trauma princess
Tragic phantasmagoria
Glaring lack of remorse
Solemn pledge of eternal love
Left broken on the alter



"Down and out in London, Los Angeles and Paris, too, uh-huh
I drank a river in my time
To get on through, yeah
Well, the night, it rise above you, rise above me
And the blues, they swirl around me
To the heart of soul
You got to bleed a little while you sing
Lest the words don't mean nothing, no
Get to the heart of soul
Gotta get to the heart of soul,"

HEART OF SOUL
LYRICS BY THE CULT


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive