Saturday, December 23, 2006

MODERN ROMAN EMPIRE







MODERN ROMAN EMPIRE



Behold
This beautiful winter’s day
Year 2006
Nears her turbulent end
Quiet rise from the ashes
Byzantine eminence
Modern Roman Empire
Global domination
Slow and zealous climb
Transcendental mastery
Excels at warp speed
Meteoric progress
The Euro takes its cherished throne
As it is written
Hourglass of wanton demise
Political suicide
Conceited Lady Liberty
Licks her gaping wounds
Reeling from excessive greed
Self imposed totalitarianism
Black gold obsession
Ironic kiss of death
A time for humble reflection
Bended knees of recompense
Memories of glory past
Our sins
Now must be penalized
Justice
Righteousness prevails
God’s master plan revealed


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive