Tuesday, October 10, 2006

UNCIVIL WAR




UNCIVIL WAR


His brave words
“Everything will be OK”
Designed to give her comfort
Hope
In such a bleak situation
Deafening bombs exploding
Dangerously near their concealed lair
Her angelic gaze
Pierced his veil of mediocrity
She read his eyes with intuitive intensity
Loving familiarity
From 14 years of marriage
“You are lying to me” said she
Smiling in grateful disappointment
She was thankful for his chivalrous attempt
Her expression
One of admiration
Proud of her frustrated mate
Soon they will die
Hunted down like wounded animals
Caught in the middle of senseless violence
The horrors of Civil War
Manifest by mass destruction
Horrid stench of rotting flesh
Memories of their happy home
Blissful times of joy
They cling to each other as one
Her delicate hands
Wrapped tightly round his trembling waist
Both apologizing
For random times of insolence
Imagining the magnificence of heaven
Excitement of their coming reunion
Praying to meet Him soon
Sacred embrace of Jesus Christ
Forgiving those who would harm them momentarily




© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive