Friday, October 13, 2006

STILL I RISE







STILL I RISE



At times I ponder fate
Specifically my own
Intrinsic thoughts of my demise
Fear not dear esteemed reader
I’ve no intentions of rushing the matter
Neither suicidal
Nor mentally unhinged
Merely sifting through the random thoughts
Bursting through my absorbent mind
Curiosity if you will
I have no dread of death
Man or mortal nemesis
My path is cleared by His angels
I feel them surround my being
A few of the flashing notions
Shall I pass in my sleep?
Peaceful transition
Drown while saving a helpless waif?
Heroic victim of a vicious rip tide
Perhaps electrocution
Booming lightening bolt
While surf fishing in Daytona Beach
Cancerous lymphoma
Slow and cruel ruination
Like a poorly produced “B” movie
Horrific car crash
Mangled star of the 6:00pm news
My fragile human shell
Temporary abode for my soul
I’ve abused it for years
Misused it selfishly
Numb from alcohol
Massive pain killers
Mind altering mood thrillers
Chemical poison
Satan’s tempestuous snare
Mindless self destruction
Toxins designed to seduce
Deceive
Destroy our Saviors precious addicted children
I belong to Him
Holy God above
His grace has cradled me to this point
Through all the tribulations
At age 47
Still I rise to answer the bell
I shall continue to do so
Until He calls me home
Thank you for sharing the journey
My loyal and treasured friends





© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive