Saturday, October 21, 2006

OCTOBER AFTERNOON (REVISED)



OCTOBER AFTERNOON


5:00 PM
Splendid cloudless day
God’s brilliant sun
Bursting through the thinning fall leaves
Unshackled clusters
Begin their final regal descent
Translucent blast of reds
Electric olive colors
Neon persimmon
Glowing tangerine
Spicy yellow jewels
Explode into my brain
Sensory chain reaction
Mighty hickory trees
Bulging with bounty
Soon shall stand naked
To face the icy blasts to come
Perky gray ground squirrel
Ignores my voyeurism
Busy with preparation
Gathering his winter sustenance
Cool gentle breeze
Breathtaking view
From my 3rd floor vantage
A distant siren screams
Untold tragedy
Befalls another victim
I sit in wonder
Enjoying my slice of heaven
This brutal world keeps spinning
Let it fly
Through the eyes of Christ
Peace can be found in the busiest of places
I soak it up like a sponge
One glorious day at a time
Our Fathers gift of creation
Magnificent
Brimming with life
Cherished memories
Of a lovely October afternoon


© Bill Grimes Jr. 2005

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive