Tuesday, October 03, 2006

OCTOBER 3rd 1989






OCTOBER 3rd 1989



Seventeen years ago today
My unsteady world
Revolved around a vodka bottle
Egocentric
Numb
Hopelessly addicted
Drowning in a sea of fermentation
My aging mind grows foggy
Few details of that energetic era remain
Brain cell damage perhaps
Or simply a coping mechanism
To dull biting shards of guilt
Hot Tropics Inc.
Bankrupt tangle of shattered dreams
Thousands of impressionable young fans
Dismayed
Stunned
As they witnessed the public meltdown
I accept full responsibility
Regretful nightmares
Haunt me to this day
One glowing gem remains
Gloriously standing tall
Angelic
Arisen from the ashes
You
Sarah Ellen Grimes
My special baby girl
My inspiration
October 3rd, 1989
Life changed forever that day
I was there as you arrived
Raising hell with the busy Doctors
Anxious
To finally see the faces
Of gentle voices so familiar
I held you
As together we rocked for the first time
Your crystal sparkling eyes met mine
Enchanting
Miraculous
Your mystical spell
Seized my soul forever
I remember vividly
Such a helpless feeling
Unworthy
Afraid
Yet proud
Extremely exhilarated
So many failures as a father
Lofty price to pay
For my conceited sickness
Foolish choices
Priceless wasted time
Words
Shall never replace lost memories
Instead
A gift from my heart to yours
Sincere ode to you
Eternally esteemed
In honor of your precious spirit
My beautiful Daughter
How I love you so



© Bill Grimes Jr. 2006

I AM and i ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0

I AM and i  ISBN# 1-4241-0749-0
My first book
Bill Grimes Jr.
Read My Writing at WritersCafe.org

About Me

My photo
Wherever He leads me.
If I flow it Will you read it? Will you feel it As I bleed it? Because you see I need it To justify my trip My words A pointed tip Dipped in sacred blood Precursor To the coming flood A gift from God My KING A beautiful thing To serve His higher cause I'm not seeking vain applause Simply Clarity For this lost world to see His grace Sweet charity Unconditional love And peace My ultimate release SELAH……. (C) Bill Grimes Jr. 2012

Blog Archive